Less than a month away is FIESTA TIME! Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner and everyone needs to prepare for some crazy parties especially since it happens to fall on a Saturday this year. No work, more fun.
If you are hosting the party, there are some things to do when it comes to preparing. First off, when it comes to decorations, there should be colors everywhere; in the banners, streamers, hanging decorations, table covers, balloons, even the plates, cups and napkins. There are plenty of different Cinco de Mayo party themes to choose from and you can get all the supplies you will need in the theme you want as well as creating your own with mixing and matching.
After getting the location all decorated, it's time to set up some great party games.
1. Pinata - Not only is it a great decoration, it's a fun game for kids. They get to be blindfolded and swing a stick at a hanging and moving pinata. Once it's hit in just the right spot, it breaks open and showers candy for all to run and grab.
2. Mexican Hat Dance - Put all the participants name into a hat. Then have everyone join hands in a circlr around a sombrero and start walking sideways around the hat. When a persons name is drawn, they must go to the middle of the circle and dance around the hat until the next persons name is called.
3. CINCO - It is the same rules as BINGO but instead it is called CINCO for Cinco de Mayo.
4. Word Find - Create a word find that is Cinco de Mayo themed for guests to play. The first person to find all the words will win a prize.
5. Guess the Beans - Have a large closed jar of beans next to a sombrero hat or a festive themed bucket. Guests will take a piece of paper, write their name along with a guess at the number of beans in the jar. The person with the closest guess to the actual number will win a prize.